How do I set an item to world loot?

fappycat

Let's say I want to have specific items - mounts, minipets, etc. - loot from anything in the entire world. so I could kill level two kobolds and they can drop these items, or I could kill a level 75 guard and they can drop the item just as commonly. How might I go about doing that?

I've been searching all over the wiki and the web, as well as looking at things that I know are world drops, and I can't find anything.

There's no direct way to do this.

And i'm not aware of anything that has this behaviour retail, "world drops" are always limited to certain level ranges, continents/instances etc. and always excludes mobs that have no other loot (guards typically cannot be looted from what i know).

So the only way to do this currently is adding the loot(-template) to the loot of each mob in the world...

Though note that there's plenty of dummy/trigger mobs that can't be directly killed or can't be seen, or both, and giving them loot can lead to weird behaviour too.

Ah, got ya. Right now I have a template set up on guards (finally, a reason to raid cities with Playerbot!)... and it works, except I think that I added so many items that only certain items drop - I get a lot of mounts, but none of the minipets, and the mounts have lower odds. Is there a point where items will be excluded? Also, do you think that code could be written into MaNGOS itself so that particular items could be added to loot when it is executed?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use