[mangosZero] error compiling vmap_assembler on Linux

weible

I'm running Slackware 13.37 so no easy apt-get installs for me as far as needed dependencies so I may have made an error somewhere.

libmpq seems to compile fine. I can create the vmap_extractor and execute it just fine though it throw some warnings when extracting the mapfiles.

I run into problems trying to compile the vmap_assembler. After cmake generates the build files I run make and it errors out with the following:

/sources/server/contrib/vmap_assembler/../../dep/ACE_wrappers/ace/config-macros.h:28:26: fatal error: ace/config.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated. 
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/vmap.dir/sources/server/src/game/vmap/BIH.cpp.o] Error 1 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/sources/server/contrib/vmap_assembler' 
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/vmap.dir/all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/server/contrib/vmap_assembler' 
make: *** [all] Error 2

It throws quite a few warnings as well. I uploaded the complete terminal output of the build to pastebin: link to error

I attempted to add the asked for config.h file by using the default config.h.in in the dep/ACE_wrappers/ace/ directory and it errors out with a completely dirrerent error at about the same point in the build.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

I'll describe the Linux build process in a short list, assuming that you have checked out the sources to ~/zero/server/, ~/zero/server/src/bindings/scriptdev0/, and are going to install to /opt/mangos-zero/. Of course, you will have to edit ~/zero/server/src/bindings/CMakeLists.txt and add add_subdirectory(scriptdev0) at the bottom of the file to include script bindings in the build.

This assumes that you have installed the ACE framework using either a downloaded archive, or any available pre-built package. I can recommend using an external ACE package by heart, as it will save a whole lot of time if you do not need to build ACE each time you update mangos-zero.

Building mangos-zero

1. cd ~/zero/
  2. mkdir ./build/ && cd ./build/
  3. cmake ../server/ -DPREFIX=/opt/mangos-zero -DDEBUG=0 -DPCH=1 -DUSE_STD_MALLOC=1 -DACE_USE_EXTERNAL=1
  4. make

Building libmpq

1. cd ~/zero/server/dep/libmpq/
  2. autoreconf --install && ./configure --prefix=/opt/mangos-zero
  3. make

Note that you do not have to run make install at this point.

Building the DBC and map extraction tool

1. cd ~/zero/server/contrib/extractor/
  3. cmake ../
  4. make

Building the VMAP extraction tool

1. cd ~/zero/server/contrib/vmap_extractor_v3/
  3. cmake ../
  4. make

Building the VMAP assembly tool

1. cd ~/zero/server/contrib/vmap_assembler/
  3. cmake ../
  4. make

... and now?

You can now install mangos-zero by running make install in ~/zero/build/, and use the create tools to extract the required data from the game client.

IF anything fails during the steps above, it is very likely that your system is not properly configured, or lacks required packages/versions.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will go ahead and start from scratch. I have a very good install up to this point. Server, ScriptDev0, and database are all up and working. I can log in with the map and dbc files I extracted, but I keep failing on the vmap assembler compile. I know vmaps are not essential but I'd like to give them a try :P

I'll give the eternal ACE a try since my error does seem to stem from the included ACE sources.

Thanks for the help!

It is interesting to note that I get a very weird graphical glitch with mangos0 that I do not see with retail:

20aysth.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use